Youtube vs. TikTok- Which one is right for your business?
Youtube and Tik Tok are becoming increasingly popular; they are gaining a lot of engagement. These social media platforms are a significant ground for businesses to increase their visibility through video marketing. Video marketing helps to promote business brands with short clips and video ads. Content and creativity are the keys to video marketing. There are millions of youtube and TikTok users every day, and choosing either of them for business promotion has become essential for marketers.
Youtube is the king for online videos ever since it started in 2005, but Tik Tok has also gained popularity in a short duration. They are both important in their own ways because what you can perform on youtube may not work on Tik Tok and vice versa. Looking at this tussle between the two, which one would you pick for your marketing strategy?
Let’s find out which is best for you!
- Video marketing on Youtube
Youtube, the second largest search engine after Google
Youtube has over two billion logged-in users every month, and it is the second-largest search engine after Google. With thousands of videos uploaded on youtube every minute, marketing on youtube is easier said than done. Youtube is an effective way to optimize your target audience. A way to do that is by collaborating with influencers – influencers are celebrities and famous figures who can affect consumer’s purchase decisions.
Youtube allows you to upload videos of your desired lengths. Businesses share their content through a long discussion, speeches, and short clips. It is important to note that content is king, and you must have authentic and valuable keyword-oriented content. You have to go through a youtube verification process, and without it, your videos are limited to 15 minutes. You can also get access to live streaming and adding hashtags to your content after verification. Having a youtube channel and posting regularly will help you with brand awareness. For example, the T series keeps up with the youtube algorithms by posting videos regularly, and it is the first channel to hit 100 million subscribers.
1.2 Youtube marketing strategy
An example of skippable youtube ads
- Keep your business channels updated and use hashtags and links from other media platforms to drive viewers to your youtube ads.
- Create compelling titles and content descriptions for SEO and searcher intent.
- Feature celebrities or influencers in your videos.
- Having a compelling call-to-action (CTA) is an integral part of marketing.
- Create playlists with content that features your business products.
- Consider making a video series to keep your audience engaged.
- TikTok marketing strategy
41% of TikTok users are in the age group of 16 to 24
Tik Tok has surprisingly caught the world’s attention, with more than 800 million active users worldwide. Tik Tok videos are limited to 60 seconds. The app allows businesses to create channels and upload product-related videos. Using influencers helps you attract a broader audience. Tik Tok hasn’t seen a market as large as youtube, but tik tok is likely to get more established over time.
Businesses are now working jointly with influencers to promote their brand. You can even promote your business by collaborating with popular Tik Tok influencers.
Bretman Rock is a popular TikTok user with 7.6 million followers. He is a Filipino-American beauty influencer and a social media personality based in Hawaii.
Did you ever wonder how they gained such popularity?
It is because they upload insightful video content regularly.
2.2 Hashtag challenge
Jimmy Fallon, a live TV show host on the #Tumbleweed Challenge on TikTok
Hashtag challenge is an essential feature in the TikTok community. TikTok users love taking up challenges because it is a part of mainstream trends. For example, Jimmy Fallon’s #tumbleweed challenge led to over 8000 users taking up the challenge and over 10.4 million engagements.
Brands can encourage such hashtag challenges on TikTok. Work with an influencer to kickstart your hashtag challenge, and gain engagement for your business.
- Benefits of Youtube and Tik Tok marketing
3.1 Advantages of youtube marketing
Business marketing typically takes place at a slower rate compared to other platforms. To be seen on the top ranks of search results, you need to be consistent and have keyword-generated content. Influencer-generated contents help you reach out to a larger audience in a short period of time. Some of the advantages you can enjoy with youtube marketing are:
- Upload recordings up to your desired length.
- Stand out from your competitors with keyword generated titles and contents
- Monetize your youtube channel after achieving the required watch hour and subscribers. (4000 watch hours and 1k subscribers within a year)
- Collaborate with YouTube Influencers to reach a larger audience. For example, Dua Lipa, a famous English pop singer represented Jaguar. With Dua Lipa’s influence, Jaguar’s youtube ad hit 7.2 million views with positive youtube interactions at 57k likes.
3.2 Advantages of Tik Tok Marketing
- Unlike youtube recordings, Tik Tok videos are normally short and require fewer resources.
- You can easily make influencer generated ads as there are innumerable TikTok users with millions of followers.
- Tiktok is a platform where its demographics include youngsters and adolescents. So you can come up with content that is relevant to generation Z (the generation of youngsters)
- Only a handful of brands are on TikTok, and the competition is low, unlike other media platforms.
4. How much do Youtube and TikTok ads cost?
Youtube vs TikTok for a cost-effective marketing
4.1 Cost of youtube ads
Youtube ads help you to know and connect with people interested in your products and services. Youtube helps businesses go beyond demographics to learn about people who are interested in your business. You can also discover new audiences and learn how to reach them with relevant content.
The cost of youtube ads varies because it involves bidding for ad placements such as display ads, overlay ads, skippable ads, non-skippable ads, bumper ads, and sponsored cards. An average cost per view for youtube ads $0.010-$0.030, and it costs $2000 for a youtube video with 100,000 viewers.
4.2 Cost of TikTok ads
Tiktok for business ads
There are almost 1 billion TikTok users globally, and it has become an equally important platform for businesses. TikTok allows you to precisely discover your target audience, and it has become a major game-changer for digital marketers worldwide. TikTok’s main users are the younger generations and it is important to create an ad that is relevant to the younger demographics.
TikTok is not really a price-friendly platform as it costs a minimum of $500 per campaign. Featuring influencers will cost a lot more. So, if you are looking for a low-cost advertising platform, TikTok is not a viable option.
Promoting a business through video ads on youtube and TikTok are both effective. They are equally beneficial because what you can do on youtube for business promotion may not work on TikTok and vice versa. It is important to figure out the relevant platform for your business. TikTok focuses more on age groups less than 30, while Youtube focuses on every demographic. Now it’s up to you to decide which one is more feasible for your business.
Follow us on Blue dragon Digital Marketing to learn more about Social Media Marketing.
Leave a reply
Blue Dragon Digital Marketing
Click here and read about How to Use Instagram for Business: A Simple 7-Step Guide